Monday, June 1, 2009

At the Height of Their Generation

Here we go a-blogging again. This time I’d like to mention a phenomenon that I have been noticing more and more lately. It seems to strike me particularly when I am traveling by air, but that is probably just because I don’t have occasion to meet up with many young men on a day-to-day basis. The observation that I am referring to is this: It appears to me that 90% of the men I see in airports under the age of 30 are at least six feet four inches tall. When did this happen that everybody got so big? And how? I was very near to six feet tall when I was a bit younger (I am sure that I have lost an inch or so in my “old age”), but I find myself looking up at almost every young man and teenaged boy that I meet. It used to be that anyone that big would be ticketed for a career in professional sports.

Fortunately for me no points are awarded in court for tallness, but for anyone interested in having Lowry & Associates handle a personal injury claim, you don’t have to worry, because my associate, James, is a young man who is fully up to the standards of his generation.

So there is something to think about, but mainly you have wasted another perfectly good few minutes reading my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment